Are your students struggling with using and editing capitalization in their writing? This differentiated capitalization writing resource helps to engage students with fun mystery stories when teaching them how to edit their sentences. These activities will help students develop a true understanding of the rules of capital letters! This resource allows for easy teaching and easy planning which will lead to effective learning.
This resource includes differentiated practice activities, capitalization anchor charts, capitalization reference guides, capital letter formation, and review activities!
Each activity incorporates a mystery story to help make editing capital letters fun and engaging!
▶️ Multi-modality-based learning is an effective way to reach all students. That's why we encourage you and your students to watch our paired Capitalization Teaching Video for a complete lesson!
These activities make for easy to plan writing centers! Each rule can be used as a different writing center throughout the classroom!
**After using this resource with the paired video teaching lesson your students will be able to edit their sentences to include capital letters with less support from you!
Who is it for?
- Students in grades 2-3
- Students who are learning to write
- Students who write incomplete sentences
- Great for whole class or small group lessons, independent work, and writing centers
- Use within General Education classrooms, Special Education services, intervention services, and Speech and Language therapy sessions!
*PLEASE NOTE: This is a Google Slides™ resource. You can print the document from the Google Slide™ that you open.
✅ This product is best used alongside the Capitalization Teaching Video.
✅ Differentiated activities include:
- Capital Letter Rule Beginning of a Sentence: Multiple Choice
- Capital Letter Rule Names: Multiple Choice
- Capital Letter Rule Places: Multiple Choice
- Capital Letter Rule Pronoun I: Multiple Choice
- Capital Letter Rule Calendar: Multiple Choice
- Capital Letter Rule Titles: Multiple Choice
- Capital Letter Rule Combined Practice: Multiple Choice
- Capital Letter Rule Beginning of a Sentence: Open Response
- Capital Letter Rule Names: Open Response
- Capital Letter Rule Places: Open Response
- Capital Letter Rule Pronoun I: Open Response
- Capital Letter Rule Calendar: Open Response
- Capital Letter Rule Titles: Open Response
- Capital Letter Rule Combined Practice: Open Response
✅ Review activities can be paired with the Capitalization Teaching Video to check your students’ understanding of this skill or sent home as homework.
✅ Answer key for all activities
Thank you for hopping over to our store!
Tips and Tricks: