How to Write a Paragraph Back to School Edition
The back-to-school paragraph writing resource is your answer to keeping your students engaged while learning how to write paragraphs. This resource helps students struggling to write paragraphs get back on track with organizers, checklists, and familiar topics. It allows for easy planning and easy teaching that leads to effective learning. The back-to-school paragraph activities can be used as a digital or print resource.
This resource includes back to school-themed differentiated high-interest texts, leveled activities, graphic organizers, checklists, and a review sheet!
▶️ Multi-modality-based learning is an effective way to reach all students. That's why we encourage you to watch our paired teaching video lesson on how to write a paragraph for a complete lesson!
**After using this resource with the paired video teaching lesson your students will be able to write complete paragraphs with less support from you!
Who is it for?
- Perfect for students in grades 3-5
- This resource is easy to implement for students of different levels and abilities.
- Great for mixed groups, whole class, or small group lessons
- Classroom use, special education services, homeschool, and speech therapy sessions!
*PLEASE NOTE: This is a Google Slides™ resource. You can download the resource as a PDF for print purposes or use it directly from the Google Slide™ for digital use.
✅ This product is best used alongside the free Writing a Paragraph video ▶️.
✅ The back to school activities include:
- Both color and black & white versions
- Identifying the part of the paragraph non-fiction Levels 1 & 2
- Identifying the part of the paragraph fiction Levels 1 & 2
- 2 writing a topic sentence given 3 details activities
- 2 writing 3 supporting details given a topic sentence
- 4 writing about a picture activities with writing supports
- 4 writing about a given prompt activities with writing supports
- 4 writing about a given topic activities with writing support
✅ A checklist with drag & drop checkmarks (digital version) is included on the writing paper to allow students to make sure each part of a paragraph has been included in their published writing piece
✅ Brainstorming organizer, paragraph organizer & draft paper is provided for each picture, prompt, and topic writing activity to help students develop their ideas effectively and efficiently
✅ The review page can be paired with the Writing a Paragraph video to check your students’ understanding of this skill or sent home as homework.
Thank you for hopping over to our store!
Tips and Tricks: