St. Patrick's Day Story Retell
Do you have students who need some extra support in retelling a cohesive story? This story retell St. Patrick's Day-themed resource will engage students, while they practice how to retell simple stories with a clear beginning, middle, and end. This leveled, LOW-PREP digital and printable resource will allow your students to develop a true understanding of how to retell a story using transition words and a logical sequence.
Don't miss out on this fun St. Patrick's Day resource for easy teaching and easy planning, which will lead to effective learning.
Your students will get many opportunities to practice retelling St. Patrick's Day sequences and relatable stories.
▶️ Multi-modality-based learning is an effective way to reach all students. That's why we encourage you and your students to watch our paired teaching video on How to Retell a Story for a complete lesson!
**After using this resource with the paired video teaching lesson your students will be able to retell the beginning, middle, and end of stories and understand the importance of expressing or writing a story in order with less support from you!
Who is it for?
- Perfect for students in grades k-2
- Students who are beginning to learn how to retell stories
- Students who present with challenges in telling sequential stories
- Great for small group or whole class lessons and independent work
- Use within special education services and speech and language therapy sessions!
*PLEASE NOTE: This is a Google Slides™ resource. You can print the document from the Google Slide™ or use it digitally.
✅ This product is best used alongside the How to Retell a Story video.
✅ DIGITAL and PRINTABLE St. Patrick's Day resource activities include:
- 2 Understanding Beginning, Middle, End
- Students will identify and label a familiar St. Patrick's Day sequence using the word or visual representation for beginning, middle, and end
- 3 Picture Sequencing and Retell
- Students will sequence 3 pictures of a St. Patrick's Day activity and then retell the sequence using the terms beginning, middle, and end
- 3 Short Story Sequencing and Retell
- Students will listen to a simple St. Patrick's Day story, sequence the pictures, and retell the story using the terms beginning, middle, and end or other transition words such as first, next, finally
- 3 Paragraph Sequencing and Retell
- Students will listen to a more complex St. Patrick's Day story, sequence the pictures, and retell the story using the terms beginning, middle, and end or other transition words such as first, next, finally
- 5 Writing a Retell From Pictures
- Students will retell a St. Patrick's Day activity by writing about the sequenced pictures
- A vocabulary and transition word list is provided
- Model examples are given for all activities
- Prompting examples, visual supports, and graphic organizers are provided
✅ Activity Topics Include:
- Over the Rainbow
- Shamrock Cookies
- Pot of Gold
- Cookie Thief
- Catch a Leprechaun
- A Sticky Situation
- Looking for Luck
- A Ruff Day for Spot
- Leprechaun Tricks
- Green Treats
- Lucky Charms
Thank you for hopping over to our store!
Tips and Tricks: