Thanksgiving Story Retell
Do you have students who need some extra support in retelling a cohesive story? This story retell Thanksgiving themed resource will engage students, while they practice how to retell simple stories with a clear beginning, middle and end. This leveled, LOW-PREP digital and printable resource will allow your students to develop a true understanding of how to retell a story using transition words and a logical sequence.
Don't miss out on this fun Thanksgiving resource for easy teaching and easy planning, which will lead to effective learning.
Your students will get many opportunities to practice retelling Thanksgiving sequences and relatable stories.
▶️ Multi-modality based learning is an effective way to reach all students. That's why we encourage you and your students to watch our paired teaching video on How to Retell a Story for a complete lesson!
**After using this resource with the paired video teaching lesson your students will be able to retell the beginning, middle and end of stories and understand the importance of expressing or writing a story in order with less support from you!
Who is it for?
Perfect for students in grades k-2
Students who are beginning to learn how to retell stories
Students who present with challenges in telling sequential stories
Great for small group or whole class lessons and independent work
Use within special education services and speech and language therapy sessions!
*PLEASE NOTE: This is a Google Slides™ resource. You can print the document from the Google Slide™ or use it digitally.
✅ This product is best used alongside the How to Retell a Story video.
✅ DIGITAL and PRINTABLE Thanksgiving resource activities include:
2 Understanding Beginning, Middle, End
- Students will identify and label a familiar Thanksgiving sequence using the word or visual representation for beginning, middle and end.
3 Picture Sequencing and Retell
- Students will sequence 3 pictures of a Thanksgiving activity and then retell the sequence using the terms beginning, middle, and end.
3 Short Story Sequencing and Retell
- Students will listen to a simple Thanksgiving story, sequence the pictures, and retell the story using the terms beginning, middle, and end or other transition words such as first, next, finally.
3 Paragraph Sequencing and Retell
- Students will listen to a more complex Thanksgiving story, sequence the pictures, and retell the story using the terms beginning, middle, and end or other transition words such as first, next, finally.
5 Writing a Retell From Pictures
- Students will retell a Thanksgiving activity by writing about the sequenced pictures
- A vocabulary and transition word list is provided.
✅ Prompting examples, visual supports and graphic organizers are provided
✅ Activity Topics Include:
Thanksgiving "Dessert Time"
Wishbone "Make a Wish"
Fresh Apple Pie
Setting the Thanksgiving Table
Forest Friend's Feast
Thank you for hopping over to our store!
Tips and Tricks:
Never miss one of our sales, freebies or new product reveals! Sign up for our newsletter here. You will be one of the first to hear about what’s happening in our store!
Grasshoppers make mistakes too! Please contact us if you find any errors in this product and we will quickly make corrections.
Products created by GRASPhopper, © GRASPhopper, All right reserved. This resource is bound by copyright laws. This purchase is for use in ONE classroom. Thank you!