Understanding Subjects Sentence Writing Differentiated Activities: Digital/Print
Are your students struggling with writing complete sentences that include a subject? This differentiated sentence structure writing resource focuses on the subject of sentences. Engaging activities include fun mystery stories that give students lots of practice in finding and writing different types of subjects. Using this resource will develop your students' understanding of sentence structure by focusing on why sentences need subjects and how to identify and write sentences with different types of subjects. These activities will help students develop a true understanding of sentence writing rules for subjects! This resource allows for easy teaching and easy planning which will lead to effective learning.
This resource includes differentiated practice activities, along with writing supports (subject anchor charts, reference guide, and question prompts.)
Each activity incorporates a mystery story to help make identifying and writing subjects fun and engaging! Each story is short and contains only 9-10 sentences across 2 pages. Perfect for students with limited stamina! Do one story or even one page in a single period or session.
▶️ Multi-modality-based learning is an effective way to reach all students. That's why we encourage you and your students to watch our paired Subject Teaching Video for a complete lesson!
These activities make for easy to plan writing centers!
**After using this resource with the paired video teaching lesson your students will be able to edit and review their sentences to include a specific subject with less support from you!
Who is it for?
- Students in grades 1-3
- Students who are learning to write complete sentences
- Students who need short, engaging practice activities
- Students who write incomplete sentences
- Great for whole class or small group lessons, independent work, and writing centers
- Use within General Education classrooms, Special Education services, intervention services, and Speech and Language therapy sessions!
*PLEASE NOTE: This is a Google Slides ™ resource. You can print this document from the Google Slide or use it digitally.
✅ This product is best used alongside the Subject Teaching Video.
✅ Differentiated activities include:
- Identify the Subject: People
- Identify the Subject: Animals
- Identify the Subject: Places
- Identify the Subject: Things
- Identify the Subject Practice Stories (People, Animals, Places and Things)
- Underline the Subject: People
- Underline the Subject: Animals
- Underline the Subject: Places
- Underline the Subject: Things
- Underline the Subject Practice Stories (People, Animals, Places and Things)
- Identify the Subject Stories (Mixed- People, Animals, Places & Things): Multiple Choice
- Identify the Subject Stories (Mixed- People, Animals, Places & Things): Underline
- Writing Practice: Underline the Subject from given sentences about a picture and identify the subject type
- Writing Practice: Write a sentence that includes a subject about a picture and identify the subject type
✅ The review activity can be paired with the Subject Teaching Video to check your students’ understanding of this skill or sent home as homework.
✅ Answer key for all activities
Thank you for hopping over to our store!
Tips and Tricks: