Valentine's Day Sentence Writing
Are your students struggling with writing sentences? This engaging Valentine's Day sentence writing resource will support your students in practicing the essential parts of a sentence. While using the print & digital interactive activities, your students will develop an understanding of subject, verb, capitalization, and punctuation and be able to write complete, simple sentences! This resource allows for easy teaching and easy planning which will lead to effective learning.
Included in this resource are Valentine's Day-themed differentiated activities, parts of a sentence visual support and checklist, practice writing paper, and a review sheet!
Your students will get lots of practice opportunities, while also learning about Valentine's Day!
▶️ Multi-modality-based learning is an effective way to reach all students. That's why we encourage you and your students to watch our paired teaching videos for a complete lesson!
How to Write a Sentence Teaching Video
**After using this resource with the paired video teaching lesson your students will be able to write complete sentences and explain the 4 important parts of a sentence with less support from you!
Who is it for?
- Perfect for students in grades k-2
- Students who are learning how to write
- Students who write incomplete sentences
- Great for small group lessons or independent work
- Use within Special Education services, English as a Second Language service, and Speech and Language therapy sessions!
*PLEASE NOTE: This is a Google Slides ™ resource. You can print some portions of the document from the Google Slide or use it digitally.
✅ This product is best used alongside the How to Write a Sentence video.
✅ Includes Valentine's Day-themed practice activities both digital and print.
✅ The Valentine's Day activities include:
- Counting sentences in short paragraphs
- Identifying the subject & verb in sentences (multiple choice & open response)
- Identifying the capital & punctuation in sentences (multiple choice & open response)
- Sorting sentences by missing parts: subject or verb
- Sorting sentences by missing parts: capital or punctuation
- Fixing incomplete sentences (multiple choice & open response)
- Fixing incomplete sentences (multiple choice & open response): Digital task card interactive version.
- Writing sentences about photos (word bank & open response)
- Drawing pictures based on a question & writing sentences about the drawings
- Review activity
✅ A checklist with drag & drop checkmarks is included for most activities to help students think critically about sentences and make sure the sentences have a subject, verb, capitalization, and punctuation.
✅ The review page can be paired with the How to Write a Sentence video to check your students’ understanding of this skill or to be sent home as homework.
Thank you for hopping over to our store!
Tips and Tricks: