Story Retell Activities Year Long Seasonal Bundle
These story retell activities will help engage your students throughout the entire year! These resources are leveled with sequencing vocabulary terms, sequencing 3 pictures, sequencing pictures to tell a story based on a short story and simple paragraph, and writing a story based on a sequence with pictures.
The Story Retell Seasons BUNDLE includes our Fall, Winter, Spring, Summer, and Back to School Story Retell digital and printable resources. Each individual resource supports your students in practicing how to retell a story with a clear beginning, middle, and end.
These leveled, LOW-PREP digital and printable resources will allow your students to develop a true understanding of how to retell a story using transition words and a logical sequence.
Don't miss out on these story retell activities for easy teaching and easy planning, which will lead to effective learning.
Your students will get lots of opportunities to practice retelling familiar, seasonal activities and relatable stories. Also great for developing seasonal vocabulary knowledge!
▶️ Multi-modality based learning is an effective way to reach all students. That's why we encourage you and your students to watch our paired teaching video on How to Retell a Story for a complete lesson!
**After using this resource with the paired video teaching lesson your students will be able to retell the beginning, middle, and end of stories and understand the importance of expressing or writing a story in order with less support from you!
Who is it for?
- Perfect for students in grades k-2
- Students who are beginning to learn how to retell stories
- Students who present with challenges in telling sequential stories
- Great for small group or whole class lessons and independent work
- Use with homeschool, special education services, and speech and language therapy sessions!
*PLEASE NOTE: This is a Google Slides™ resource. You can print the document from the Google Slide™ or use it digitally.
✅ This product is best used alongside the How to Retell a Story video.
✅ EACH DIGITAL and PRINTABLE resource activities include:
- 2 Understanding Beginning, Middle, End
- Students will identify and label a familiar seasonal sequence using the word or visual representation for the beginning, middle, and end
- 4 Picture Sequencing and Retell
- Students will engage in sequencing 3 pictures of seasonal activity and then retell the sequence using the terms beginning, middle, and end
- 4 Short Story Sequencing and Retell
- Students will listen to a simple seasonal story, engage in sequencing 3 pictures, and retell the story using the terms beginning, middle, and end or other transition words such as first, next, finally
- 4 Paragraph Sequencing and Retell
- Students will listen to a more complex seasonal story, engage in sequencing 3 pictures, and retell the story using the terms beginning, middle, and end or other transition words such as first, next, finally
- 6 Writing a Retell From Pictures
- Students will retell a seasonal activity by writing about the sequenced pictures
- A vocabulary and transition word list is provided
- Model examples are given for all activities
- Prompting examples, visual supports and graphic organizers are provided
Thank you for hopping over to our store!
Tips and Tricks: