Supporting Details Foundations Unit: Digital & Print
This differentiated supporting details resource is your answer if your students are struggling with identifying details in paragraphs. The supporting details resource allows for easy planning, easy teaching that leads to effective learning.
It is no prep and can be used as DIGITAL or PRINTABLE worksheets making it versatile when grabbing on the go.
This resource includes differentiated high-interest non-fiction texts with multiple choice and open response, graphic organizers, anchor charts checklists, a review sheet, and answer keys!
▶️ Using multi-modality based learning is an effective way to reach all students. Watch our paired teaching video lesson on supporting details for a complete lesson!
**After using this resource with the paired video teaching lesson your students will be able to identify supporting details in paragraphs with less support from you!
Who is it for?
- Perfect for students in grades 3-6
- This resource is easy to implement for students of different levels and abilities.
- Great for mixed groups, whole class or small group lessons
- Special education services and speech therapy sessions!
*PLEASE NOTE: This is a Google Slides ™ resource. You can print the document from the Google Slide™ that you open.
- ✅ Watch the Supporting Details video teaching lesson.
- ✅ The differentiated activities include the following:
- LEVEL 1
- Identifying the supporting details in pictures: multiple choice
- Identifying the supporting details in paragraphs: multiple choice
- Finding details that don’t belong in paragraphs: multiple choice
- Determining additional supporting details for paragraphs: multiple choice
- LEVEL 2
- Identifying the supporting details in pictures: open-response
- Identifying the supporting details in paragraphs: open-response
- Finding details that don’t belong in paragraphs: open-response
- Determining additional supporting details for paragraphs: open-response
- ✅ Use the supporting details teaching poster and checklist to help your students understand steps they can take to identify details.
- ✅ Use the blank topic sentence and supporting details organizers to practice these tasks in the paragraphs provided or in other academic activities.
- ✅ The review page can be paired with the Supporting Details video to check your students’ understanding of this skill.
Thank you for hopping over to our store!
Tips and Tricks:
Never miss one of our sales, freebies or new product reveals! Sign up for our newsletter here. You will be one of the first to hear about what’s happening in our store!
Grasshoppers make mistakes too! Please contact us if you find any errors in this product and we will quickly make corrections.
Products created by GRASPhopper, © GRASPhopper, All right reserved. This resource is bound by copyright laws. This purchase is for use in ONE classroom. Thank you!